SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1968 #1: The New Look!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jan 5 21:17:40 PST 2014

Hello, Readers!

I've been told that Powernaut Comics aren't socially relevant, and that
the Powernaut spends too much time solving problems with his fists.
*This year, that changes!*  The Powernaut has a new look and a new
approach to life. I've gotten my hip young nephew (also named Scott, by
the way) to write the series. I'm sure you'll find it "swinging"!

(signed) Scott Eiler for Powernaut Comics, 1968.

PARENTAL ADVISORY

Drugs *aren't* always bad.  But this Powernaut is a trained
pharmaceutical professional.  Always consult one before you take
something a drug store won't just sell you.  And always follow the
recommended dosages!

(signed) J. Edgar Hoover

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1968.htm

Author's Notes:

When I came up with the Powernaut in 2005, the 2005 Powernaut was not
the original!  He always had a 1960s predecessor, which I described
months earlier. The 1941 Powernaut originated with the comic strip debut
in 2011.  So, as odd as this sounds, 1968 has the original Powernaut!
That makes his story pivotal (if not central) to the series.  Now I have
reached it.

I know. - Archie Andrews