[NTB/LNH/HCC] Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #57

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 00:26:42 PST 2014

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 02:55:36 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

>   []
>   [] egion of
>   []__ [] []   []  []
>   [___][ \[]et.[]__[]eroes  Volume 2 #57
>        []\ ]   [ __ ]
>        [] []   []  []
>
> has *once again* been highjacked to present another of the
>
>                      MISANTHROPIC TALES
>                           OF THE
>                    NET.TRENCHCOAT BRIGADE

YAY

>      As a professional anarchist dedicated to raising humanity's
> consciousness,

That's pretty damn NTB.

>      Ring Job reached out and picked up the scotch bottle and held
> it up to the light.  A golden brown colour filtered through the whiskey.
> Richly hued, and warmly coloured.  Warm and fuzzy.  Just like the
> thinking of most of humanity.  Poor stupid bastards.

Very good self-righteousness there.

>      And besides, it would give him the excuse to be a foul mouthed,
> chain smoking, hard drinking bastard, and that was always a lot of fun.

That is also pretty damn NTB.

>      Ring Job glanced at the sky.  "Aye, a bit," he said.  "I'll
> pr'bably have to pack it in soon."  Then he looked back at the canvas
> again and smiled.  "Still, she's a beauty, ain't she?"
>      The cop followed the direction of his gaze, saw the canvas, and was
> caught.  The colours glowed - in fact the entire picture pulsed with an
> interior light.
>      And then, while the man was staring enthralled at the picture, Ring
> Job deftly reached over and stole the gun from his holster and then
> ambled off into the crowd.

Oh, very nice. Prep time FTW.

Awwwwww. <3 Very good.

>      The tiny box was empty of course.  But that was okay, because it
> had been empty when it had appeared in 'Mork's First Christmas'.  Sure,
> the dialogue had *said* it had contained homemade presents of hand
> painted flies, but there hadn't been any close up shot and in any case
> the purported flies had been forgotten when the eponymous alien had
> learned that mere material things weren't the point of giving Christmas
> gifts.
>      So.  An empty box, that had only pretended to hold something,
> which had represented a useless gift for fictional people who would
> learn better.  It was absolutely perfect.

This is fascinating. o.o I love these kinds of magic systems.

> Then the hero announced, "Surrender!  I,
> You're-Not-Hitting-Me-Hard-Enough Lad, am taking you in!" before
> leaping forward with a superhuman bound.

YES! YNHMHELad on the job!

(I, or someone, really needs to do a Kid E/NTB story. Clash of
perspectives!)

>      Then Ring Job ran for it.  He even tried to keep the impromptu
> cover he had created for himself by throwing in an obligatory villainous
> "Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!", but his ribs hurt too much for him to be able to
> pull it off properly.

Heeheehee.

>      Now that he'd committed himself Ring Job moved with deliberation.
> He went to a mirror and took off the Nagahame mask (even though for
> magical purposes he was still wearing it) and looked at his rings.
> Almost every bit of Ring Job's exposed flesh had a piercing.  They
> all had some purpose.  Many of them had a symbolic meaning, and quite
> a few of them had some sort of special power.

Hmmmmm. Fascinating.

Awwwww. That's sweet, or at least, as sweet as the NTB gets.

>      Huh, well what do you know.  A 'Misanthropic Tales...' story
> starring a Brigade member who's actually appeared in a story within the
> past half decade, rather than being dredged out of the original _Wrath
> Of The Administrator_ cascade or the NTB FAQ.

I know, right?

>      Actually, the main reason for this story is because I initially
> thought that we were lacking in an entry for the NTB imprint in the
> list of Looniverse RACCies eligibles for 2013.  However feedback on
> the first posting of that list in early December, plus double checking
> subject headers, indicates that this is wrong.  So now we're simply
> having another NTB story for... uhm... for the Net.Trenchcoat Brigades'
> 20th anniversary.

Woo! <3

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, picnic time