LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup: January 2014

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Feb 21 23:31:40 PST 2014

On 2/20/2014 3:35 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> Powernaut 1968 #1-4
> "The New Look", "You Defile the Real Powernaut!", "What If I Go Find Him?",
> and "Powernaut to Laos!"
> A Superhuman World [SW10/WWW] webcomic
> by Scott Eiler
>
> "Powernaut's 1968 series sees a new Powernaut showing up, getting his power
> thru a psychedelic groove.  S.O.S., one of Powernaut's previous associates,
> objects to this new version, and explains that the original isn't dead, but
> lost - resulting in the new Powernaut going on a trip through the far
> reaches of the human psyche to find him!"
>
> "This feels like a natural progression towards a Kirby-cosmic-inspired
> story, as Hypergaard promises to be.  Which is surprising, since Scott
> indicated that this was a significant change in plans - but then, the
> original plan apparently involved something Galactus-esque, which itself
> would be a pretty dang natural way to go Kirby-cosmic."

Ehh, "significant" is the wrong word for this change.  It's all been
enhancement and tweaking.  But Kirby-cosmic and Galactus-esque has
always been part of the plan.  Originally (like three years ago) I had
planned only a 1968 series.  Now I'm can ramp it up from 1966 to 1969.
Oooh, watch out for 1969!  I'll be allowing a Neal Adams vibe into that
series.

> Ripping Off King Arthur #145-156
> A webcomic [WWW] series
> by Arthur Spitzer
>
> "My favorite part of this is easily the fact that Ax Fight Dude is a
> character woefully unsuited for the sitcom-esque plot of a boobytrapped
> high school reunion. It's great to see characters put in the 'wrong' genre
> and see how they react."

Actually he seems to be reacting the best.

I know. - Archie Andrews