8FOLD/HCC: Nonfiction # 2 (part 2), "Other Lives"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Feb 8 17:31:17 PST 2014

On 2/4/2014 6:16 PM, Tom Russell wrote:

>     Andrew really put the
> "challenge" into High Concept Challenge with this one. Because for the
> life of me, I can't or won't reimagine any of my significant
> characters in any other context.

I have the opposite problem.  Before I ever published an Ellipsis story,
I found he works awfully well as a cyberpunk character.  Wyatt Ferguson
basically *is* an intruder in a superhero genre; he'd work about as well
if he took the place of Harry Potter.  And, well, there's the Powernaut.
  *All he does* is get reimagined into other genres.  (To date I count
Patriotic, Men's Adventure, Teen, Team-Up, Spy, Underground, Modern
Angst, and Apocalypse.)  With those Big Three characters to choose from,
how do I meet the challenge in a meaningful way?

I do have a response ready to go.  I'm going to take the one-week
extension, though, because I've been pushing out Powernaut 1968 until today.

I know. - Archie Andrews