SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #25: Spanker 4 Holds the Engines of Reality!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Dec 31 18:40:10 PST 2014

The alien killing machine raised his paddle against the panda
nature-avatar.  The paddle held Engines of Reality.

Energy burst forth...

And so Powernaut 2005 fulfills prophecy (ref: SW10/PRECOG/HCC: So How's
the Pizza?).  Occulator Compuplex continues!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005d.htm#25

Bonus Section:  Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  Doom Spirits

All the links here can be found under http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

Each of our planet's largest land masses have a super-powered Doom
Creature. Asia and Europe are technically one land mass, but they each
have their own Doom Creature. (I hear they slop the boundaries freely,
though.)

Most pertinent to this story is the Asian creature, the Doom Panda of
Gravity. Spanker 4 slaughtered it. The European creature the Little Doom
Pony was also present, but ran away.

Slaughtering a Doom Creature gave Spanker 4 a power source independent
of the Engines of Reality. That gave him some options, as we would find
out.

North America lacks its own Doom Creature. Ellipsis and the Balance
killed its Doom Bear in 1991. Somehow they acted as a buffer against the
reappearance of a continental Doom Creature ever since, until the 2005
reality shifts. Doom Creatures acted as a buffer between the other
continents and doom when Spanker 4 attacked. North America therefore
went through Spanker 4's attack in a different way from the other
continents.

I know. - Archie Andrews