SMC: Tales From Ohio Academy #2

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Dec 18 18:15:11 PST 2014

On 12/18/2014 2:19 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 12/18/2014 1:49 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> On 12/16/2014 7:52 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>>> Previously, on Tales From Ohio Academy!
>>>
>>>      Her first day was going pretty well so far!
>>>
>>>      A taunt by a bully, and a pointed invitation to an after-class
>>>      fight? Holy crap!
>>>
>>> And now, the conclusion!
>>
>> If you'd just included "You're going to get a really warm greeting after
>> school!" in the recap, the story would have made a bit more sense to me.
>
> That is an excellent point.
>
>> But as it is, it's a perfectly good teen adventure story.  There's no
>> reason a
>> teen adventure story needs to involve fisticuffs, and ideally it never
>> should.  The Powernaut is thinking of doing more of those...
>
> Yeah! <3 I mean, "never should" is cutting off a good chunk of fun
> stories - but "always should" cuts off an even bigger chunk!

Well, excepting stuff like Spider-Man or Karate Kid.  But I'm sticking
with my statement.  I'm thinking that schools should ideally not have
fisticuffs in real life, so stories about schools should ideally be
likewise.

> I'm not going to say never, but I'm definitely going to say that TFOM
> will be low on the cuffery.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, it helps that I'm better at
> character than action.

I used to pretty much suck at action.  Hopefully I'm better at it now
that I've made it into the Fourth Annual Powernaut Comics Year.

I know. - Archie Andrews