DIVA: Anakh the Jackal-God and the First Man DOUBLE ISSUE! #1/#2

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Dec 14 16:14:58 PST 2014

On 12/9/2014 5:39 AM, deucexm wrote:
> On Monday, December 8, 2014 8:09:06 PM UTC-6, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> On 12/7/2014 7:29 PM, deucexm wrote:
>>> "Why did you provide water unasked?" Anakh demanded.
>>>
>>> "HUMAN DIES WITHOUT IT.  ONLY HUMAN ASKS YOU TO SPARE US YOUR JUDGEMENT."
>>
>> Don't you just hate it when you create a world and forget to account for
>> something?  ... actually, that seems to be a plot element in many
>> creation stories.
>
> Honestly, I don't have a lot of my old notes about Anakh's world, but
> it's quite possible that there is no water native to it.  However,
> then we get into issues with there being no clouds with no hydrologic
> cycle to produce them, and the extremes in max/min temperature that
> causes - not to mention no water means no water vapor, meaning it's
> painful to breathe or even /exist/ for long periods of time...
>
> ... so, er, it's quite possible that Anakh simply landed in the
> middle of a very, very large desert, and that's where Dur Lachesis
> is/will be/was/wioll haven be.

I admire how you've even considered hydrology in your legendary stories.
  Still, maybe the gods can build a god-city out of god-fused sand
bricks in the middle of the desert, but then someone has to build roads
to get to all the men who come after the First Man.  Did Anakh reveal
the secret of sand-working to the First City, or does he accept contract
jobs for them, or do they traffic with rival magicians for that stuff?

And it's fun I can even ask these questions.

I know. - Archie Andrews