SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #21: The Wyatt 'n' Karl Show!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Dec 5 18:50:06 PST 2014

The next Big Powernaut Story is here...  Occulator Compuplex!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005d.htm#21

This Big Story is different from Powernauts 1969 and 2011 because (like
the rest of Powernaut 2005) *it's been published before!*
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2005/occulator.htm)  It was and is
2005's battle for reality.

This story will only be the *third* longest Powernaut comic, but that's
still fifteen issues.  That's worth two parts of the Powernaut 2005
series.  But Powernaut 2005 has episodes, not parts.  So I'm declaring
Powernaut 2005 Episode 4 to be the Occulator Compuplex Prelude.  Episode
5 will be Occulator Compuplex itself - and it will be full of action.
There will even be an Episode 6: the Occulator Compuplex Christmas!  But
*that* should finally do it for 2005. However, Powernaut 2006 will follow!

Bonus Section:  Commentary  from Wyatt Ferguson!    The Karl 'n' Wyatt
Show

All the links here can be found under  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

I never was good at getting along with myself.  And Karl Scribner *is*
myself.  Due to this year's reality shifts (ref: 2005/humans.htm), I got
my name, he got my history, and we both got most of our memories, only
Karl got more.  I'm not sure which of us came out farthest behind.  But
Karl used superhuman powers to not look like me!  Heh.

Now Karl and I are joined again - physically on occasion, with the
Powernaut as a third partner.  I call the events which led up to that
"The Dark Maneuvers".  Karl calls them "Workin' for the Powernaut" (see
Powernaut 2005 Episode 3).  Workin' for the Powernaut has already warped
Karl's mind away from mine, or vice versa.

Karl is senior in this enterprise.  That means he's the administrator,
and I'm the field agent out doing the work.  I can tell he thinks I'm
weird, but he tries to treat me gently.  Just as well.

Karl and the Powernaut established their headquarters in Mobile,
Alabama, for some reason I never quite understood.  This is far away
from up North where we ever lived.  Karl's not only in escape mode, he's
gone off at right angles from where he was ever comfortable.  But I
understand.  I've escaped my life too, except I can have it back if I
ask.  Karl can't.

It's awkward when our old friends contact us.  For instance, I'd (we'd)
promised our friend Anne that if she ever chucked her day job in Chicago
and opened a bed-and-breakfast, I'd be there to help her.  Technically
Karl made the promise but I had the name, so I got to go.  I like taking
over Karl's old promises...  Anyway, that's how this adventure started.

And that's quite enough of my personal problems.  I need to be Wyatt
Ferguson now.  And in all modesty, the world needed someone to be Wyatt
Ferguson for this story.

I know. - Archie Andrews