MISC: GODLING's WORLD # 12: The Circuit in: Short-Circuited by J. Vandersteen

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 18:16:13 PST 2014

On 11/19/2014 3:49 PM, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
> The road is blocked by a futuristic looking tank. In front and on top of it are armed cyborgs.
> "It's the Cyborg League!"

Don't you want me, baby-- wait, no, no

(Did I make the same joke before? PROBABLY.)

> The other two open the backdoors of the truck. Out jump four colourful characters.
> "What?" one of the bad guys exclaims.
> "The Circuit!" one of the colourful men says.

Ahhhhhh, they're a team! Neat!

>     "I introduce to you, Dr. Kanji!" Captain Celsius says. "And to my left, Shaolinda!"

Okay, that's the best "this martial artist is female" name I've ever heard.
(Also, was this supposed to be Dr. Kaiju or am I confused?)

>"It can get a bit hairy sometimes. They won't hire us for jobs where
 > your average private security contractor will suffice. But hey, if you're
 > interested, let us know." Recoil hands the driver a business card.
>The driver has a look at the card. It has a logo of a fist holding a
 > lightning bold and the words THE CIRCUIT - Private Security When Extra
 > Power is A  Must, followed by an address, phone number and website.

I was wondering how that worked. Very good.

>      "Maybe the guys from Team Beta?" Captain Celsius offers.
>     "Those guys? Too creepy.

Hmmmm! That's an interesting bit of implication without overexplaining.

> Guess it will be just me, Netflix and my pals Ben and Jerry then," Recoil says.

I was expecting a "they're not what they present themselves as" twist, but I
like this better.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, neat.