FAQ: rec.arts.comics.creative Frequently Asked Questions

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Dec 1 19:18:25 PST 2014

On 12/1/2014 6:45 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Monday, December 1, 2014 3:01:04 AM UTC-5, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> Welcome to rec.arts.comics.creative, the newsgroup which could have been
>> named rec.prose.shared-universe but wasn't, the newsgroup which has, to
>> date, produced well over 30MB of entirely free original fiction (and
>> that's compressed!),
>
> You know, as time goes on, this statistic seems less impressive.
> Maybewe could do something else - number of issues? Word count? What do
 > you guys think?
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, something about... posts?

I tried comparing RACC to Eilertech.com.  Once I filtered out pictures
from the Eilertech score, I got 12 MB.  So, I might have to ask how good
RACC's compression algorithm is, but 30 MB is still impressive.

However, you probably want to impress the general public instead of
people who build web sites.  Word count would probably do that.  For
comparison, the Harry Potter series has about one million words.  That
probably makes it 10 MB when you include formatting.

I know. - Archie Andrews