META: Intro! + [DV-S] Cityscape / [DV] The Makeover

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 18:45:20 PST 2014

On Monday, December 1, 2014 7:20:02 PM UTC-6, Scott Eiler wrote:
> Done!
>
>  From this and the fragment-story you showed us, I sense you like mood
> pieces.  This made a good one.

Glad to hear it!  I've been told it was a touch on the predictable side, a bit telegraphed - insofar as what Petra was going to decide - but when a character's thoughts are laid out, I suppose that's a risk you run.

> Now, does Our Young Mage of Light perhaps have a Caring Mentor who might
> react to the development of The Dark Lord's Evil Plan?  Something like
> that might make a good follow-on.  8{D>

I haven't actually gotten that far, though I /do/ have a bit of a prequel - as to why a bunch of Lightsiders got all-expenses-paid salon appointments some distance into Dark territory.  Since, if you recall (part 1):
> She had lost a bet - or rather, her party had lost a bet - with a Dark Lord, and none of them could deny that it had happened so... fairly.
The Dark Lord in question is [debatably] not evil, or not all /that/ evil at least.  One of the recurring themes in the Di-Verse is that power has no /inherent/ morality: 'Dark' magic is not evil, 'Light' magic is not good.  They're simply forces that can be used in any fashion.

I suppose it might help if I offered the appropriate wikia page.
http://d-verse.wikia.com/wiki/Light_and_Dark_magic

Also also, I've got a new story in the works, featuring Salon DYAL!  I intend to post a new topic once I get a proper imprint and everything else figured out.

deuce x.