SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1969 #12: I've Got This One!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Aug 15 20:05:57 PDT 2014

So says the Racer Girl from Hypergaard, and perhaps she does.  But
there's more!  As we sometimes say on RACC:  with a single *tap* the
Hyper-Children prove that it's not the size of the child in the fight
that matters.  (thank you, Dee, Chevalier writer dude.)

I declare one Art Point for psychedelia and *four* Plot Points for Blam
Blam Blam and the long-advertised Embarrassing Moment!  Powernaut 1969
is past the stuff your girlfriends and co-workers might look at funny,
and it's ramping up even more.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1969b.htm#12

Bonus Section:  2005 Reprint Commentary from Steven Oliver Samuels
(S.O.S.)!    Hyper-Born #1: The Devil in White

In 1992, a young adventurer named The Devil in White appeared in New
York City. He wielded telepathic and telekinetic powers. He interfered
with Ellipsis, who by then was powerful enough to pose a threat to the
U.S. Government.

In later years, the Devil in White would abandon that costume and dress
more colorfully. He would be known as Ron Cannon, and affiliate with
campus superhumans.

We now know The Devil in White was Matthew Smith Jr., the son of my
colleagues Stonewater Smith and Paula Power. He was born in Hypergaard
in 1969, though we registered his birth at Power City, Oregon late in
that same year. His parents of course had something to do with his
powers, but we don't know what or why.

• His father Stonewater Smith was an exemplary human being in all
respects, but he had no superhuman genetics to contribute.

• His mother Paula Page (Paula Power) has powers of vague origin related
to the Powernaut. Those powers may possibly breed true, but we have no
one other than Matthew Smith Jr. to judge from. Obviously his powers
were not like those of the Powernaut, nor like his parents.

• Hypergaard itself may have been a factor in the mutation of young
Matthew's powers. We therefore continue to track him as one of the
Hyper-Born of Hypergaard.

I know. - Archie Andrews