WWW: NEW "Chevalier the Queen's Mouseketeer: The Tides of War" up now

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Aug 8 17:40:28 PDT 2014

On 8/8/2014 8:52 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Friday, August 8, 2014 1:41:16 AM UTC-4, the-d... at webtv.net wrote:
>> You didn't offend me, Scott. But sometimes I think that you're so
>> in your head about what's possible and what isn't that you can't
>> just enjoy the story for what it is. Those times I wonder if you're
>> enjoying it andthat's why I wrote it for folks to enjoy. :)
>
> Honestly, though, Scott's comments aren't criticisms of it as a
> story- they're jokes, riffs. It's really really obvious that he
 > *is* enjoying it - that's why he likes talking about it, after all!
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, unrealistic is not the same
 > thing as flawed.

Let me reassure and elaborate, then.

I am still enjoying this story.  I would read it to my four-year-old
nephews, if I had any remaining that age.  I suspect they'd ask the same
questions I'm asking, though.  Children *always* ask Why, Why, Why.  As
an adult reader, it is my job on such occasions to come up with very
quick answers.  It's a rare treat for me to do this *and* get feedback
from the writer... so, thanks, Dee.  Knowing what you've told me over
the history of the series, I'd probably now say...

"They're magic mice.  Magic does exist in this world.  But wizards can't
use it.  Only brave little heroes can.  And that's why the Queen has a
mouseketeer instead of a wizard."

I know. - Archie Andrews