WWW: NEW "Chevalier the Queen's Mouseketeer: The Tides of War" up now

the-deeman at webtv.net the-deeman at webtv.net
Thu Aug 7 03:43:00 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:57:49 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 8/6/2014 1:55 PM, the-deeman at webtv wrote:
>
> > Chevalier and Tom-Tom spring into action against the princess's evil
>
> > kidnappers.
>

> Someday a new series "Chevalier: Year One" may describe how a mouse
>
> truly gained the power to run humans through by inventing his own
>
> martial art.  You *did* use the phrase "run them through", if I remember
>
> correctly.  With a conventional martial art, knives would scratch them,
>
> or poke them, or stick them, possibly even lethally into vital organs.
>
> But it would take *swords* to run them through.
>

> It's kind of like Howard the Duck defeating Count Macho and Klout the
>
> Man-Mountain with the power of Quak-Fu, though.  The martial art of
>
> ducks defeating humans was invented for him.  (I've been re-reading some
>
> classic quasi-heroic-animal comics lately.)  And it fits the character
>
> concept a lot better than "mouse baseball" does.  So I'll "buy" it for now.
>

> > Dee
>

> > Chevalier: The Queen's Mouseketeer. It's a fabled fairy tale of
>
> > enor-mouse proportions.
>
> > http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem/chev/series.php
>

> --
>
> (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> -------- http://www.eilertech.com/ ---------
>

> When you *are* the leader... whatever goes wrong... whether you did it
>
> or not... *you* are held responsible. - Barack Obama
>

> I know. - Archie Andrews
>

> - from Archie #617, March 2011, scripted by Alex Simmons.

Seriously dude? Sometimes I have a hard time reading your posts. Especially when you try to apply "real world" logic or science to a fantasy/fairy tale with talking mice, fairies, elves, and dwarfs. Like when you went on and on about Tom-Tom's "super burp". I can just imagine you reading Chevalier or another fairy tale to a 4 year old and pointing out how, in the "real world", such-n-such couldn't happen. In a fairy tale/fantasy, why not a super burp? Or a mouseketeer taking out people with a sword the size of a toothpick? Or any-fun-thing else that wouldn't necessarily happen in the "real world" or make sense scientifically?

It's just a fairy tale, Scott. Check your brain and the real world (logic, science, etc) at the door and enjoy the trip. :)

Dee