8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 4, April 2014, by Messrs. Brenton, Perron & Russell

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 09:35:35 PDT 2014

On Thu, 3 Apr 2014 02:29:14 +0000 (UTC), Tom Russell wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:07:47 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
<snop>
> Thanks. I've always liked speedsters, but because the "running fast"
> aspect of their powers is more visual and harder to communicate in prose,
> I've been relying more heavily on the vibration and perception-of-time
> powers.

Makes sense!

>>> A machine armed with an ancient Martian beam pistol, he has been
>>> programmed to investigate and punish all robo-crimes! He is...
>>> DETECTIVE 999!
>>
>> Ooooooooh. Yes. (Wait, ancient Martian... oooooooh)
>
> Yep, one of Ress's, as confirmed in JOLT CITY # 21.

Damn, they build those things to last!

>>>    Lemon's ghost appears! "Now my spirit can rest! Thank you,
>>> Detective Three-Nine!"
>>
>> ...I'm very confused.
>
> I told Mary that this was either the best or the worst thing I've written.
> My intention was to do something sensationalist, hyper-violent, and
> deliberately unpolished-- 100% thrills, no nuance/

Interesting. I was wondering if it was based on a specific series or work -
it reminds me of what I've read about manga based on '70s tokusatsu.

> The beam pistol bounces off the dinonium. The head of the cyborgs is
> covered in dinonium except for his one eye. Three-Nine shoots him in the
> eye, the one vulnerable spot, and kills him. Lemon Sweet was murdered by
> the cyborgs, and when she is avenged, her spirit can rest.

Oh, yeah, I understood what was going on literally, just. @-@

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, 'mazing.