SW10/WWW/HCC: Powernaut 1966 #1: Oooh, The Powernaut is So Dreamy!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Oct 4 22:16:15 PDT 2013

-snort-  Well, the *real* title comes toward the end of the strip.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1966.htm#1

This series will be a challenge in and of itself... I'm publishing and
drawing this while I'm on a North American tour. So far, the drawing is
massively ahead of schedule; I have dropped my habit of writing detailed
travelogues, and just draw Powernaut cartoons in pubs as usual. I just
have to get the drawings to where my Eilertech work computer is, to edit
and publish. This computer can in theory go to pubs too, but dining with
computers instead of paper is usually antisocial so I've avoided it so
far. Still, #1 is on schedule and I should be able to manage #2.

This episode #1 more or less answers the question, "Where did you find a
yellow bow tie?" (2012 RACCies Award Ceremonies)

This series also answers the current RACC High Concept Challenge:  Movie
Plot Mash-Ups!  It's pretty obvious this strip comes from James Bond.
(Well, I was thinking Man from U.N.C.L.E., but they must have been
thinking James Bond.  So was S.H.I.E.L.D., for that matter.)  This
series will also eventually show "Indiana Jones" and "2001" tendencies.
  Oh, you say those tendencies weren't there in 1966?  Well, the
underlying stuff was.  Heh, so goes my usual copout entry for HCC.

I know. - Archie Andrews