SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1966 #9: I Have to Stop That Thing! Some How

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Nov 26 21:58:21 PST 2013

This is it.  The main reason I wrote a Powernaut 1966 series.  The fate
of the original Powernaut.  And I got it online in time for U.S. holidays!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1966.htm#9

Of course, it wouldn't be a holiday without dessert...

---

Bonus Section:   After-Action Report

---

We deem the Powernaut has indeed come in contact with a Solarian, here
on Earth.  By his report he came in contact with one on Mars also.  We
have no reason to disbelieve him.

The Powernaut considered it impossible that the same Solarian be both on
Earth and on Mars.  We know it it actually possible, for the Solarians
are masters of gateway portals.  However, we consider it likely that the
Earth Solarian was indeed distinct from the one on Mars. Consider: The
Martian Solarian banished intruders.  The one on Earth *attacked* them
on sight.  Earth's may have been an immature spawn.

Our "motor" the Pentahedron allowed the Powernaut to confront this
Solarian.  Mathematically speaking, that is like dividing infinity by
infinity.  Any result is possible.  So please excuse that our
Pentahedron is now missing.

It is amazing that any solar system has more than one Solarian.  Any
single Solarian has the ability to grow to the size of a star - and
absorb it.  *One* is therefore enough to destroy any solar system.

The Powernaut delivered Earth from the judgment of this junior Solarian.
  However, Earth may have to deal with the senior Solarian soon.  We can
only hope and pray the Powernaut is there to help us with it.

I know. - Archie Andrews