LNH: Cover Gallery #9i

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 11 00:36:23 PST 2013

][][][][][][][][][][][< COVER * GALLERY * #9i >][][][][][][][][][][][

Senses Lass stands in a spotlight before a wall.  She is in a
defensive position, ready to attack if necessary, looking determined
and more than a bit irritated.

In the extreme foreground can be seen the heads and shoulders and
accusingly pointing hands of several figures, exclaiming, "Little
girl, you should be in school, not working as a net.hero!"

Senses Lass spits back, "I'm an artifical life form, force grown
to adulthood in a test tube.  I was judged mature enough to go to
an adult prison, so I'm mature enougt to work, to vote, to drive,
and to fsck!"

Cover blurb: Call the Lethal Lawyers!  It's time for more
superhuman case law hijinks!  What price 'human' rights?

][][][][][][][][][][][< * * * * * * * * * * * >][][][][][][][][][][][

Authors notes: Vaguely inspired by a fan comic from Waiting For
The T a few months ago that had some Marvel and DC characters
(Moonstar, Wonder Girl, Cyclops) being arrested because the people
they were dating were force grown clones and hence technically
minors.  It's probably just one more thing that would need to be
sorted out in the courts in a superhero class universe, or, for
that matter, in a SF setting where androids achieved legal rights.
Of course, it might be a bit easier in a superhero class universe,
because you could use the existence of naturally occurring non-human
species with faster or slower maturation times as precedents.  I'm
pretty sure Anal-Retentive Archive Kid II has been an adult by his
tribe's standards since he participated in a warband at age 12, and
also became a father soon afterwards.

---
Saxon Brenton    University of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
      saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au      saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex
world of jet-powered apes and time-travel." - Superman, JLA Classified #3