LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup: October 2013

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Nov 4 08:22:23 PST 2013

I agree with practically all the comments about everyone, so I'll just
elaborate on a couple about mine.

On 11/3/2013 10:01 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:

> Me 2003, Wave 2 #2
> "Four Heroes"
> A Superhuman World [SW] story
> by Scott Eiler
>
> "As I implied in my reply, this story feels unfinished. Scott mentioned
> that the plot points therein were followed up on in later stories, but
> really, my objection is that it feels unfinished *as* a story - it feels
> all setup for something that's *going* to happen. Especially with ''There's
> a storm coming...' at the beginning - that's a gun on the mantelpiece that
> you expect to be fired."
>
> "Of course, Scott has gotten much better at story structure since this came
> out, so it's a bit of a moot point - but it's always good to look back at
> your old work and see what worked and what didn't."

Yeah, I know.  When I was going over my old notes, I found an action
sequence I'd neglected/declined to put in.  So I know what kind of
Missing Story I could be writing.  But now I'm down to one week, and the
Powernaut wants me to write his comic this week too.  So, we'll see.

> Powernaut 1966 #1-4
> "Oooh, the Powernaut Is So Dreamy!", "Man From P.O.W.E.R.N.A.U.T.
> Reporting!", "But I'm the Powernaut, Not the Weaponaut!", and "Pow! Er!
> Naut!"
> A Superhuman World webcomic [SW/WWW] series {HCC39}
> by Scott Eiler
>
> "The Powernaut is just great. He strides through stories, carelessly
> reconfiguring them into his idiom. He's just really interesting and I love
> it."

The Powernaut says, Yay!  :-D

> "The story so far is a bit flatter than he is, focusing mostly on 'James
> Bond with superheroes', but it's still very good adventure fun."

In Powernaut Comics we don't say Flat, we say Fast-Moving.  I hope the
Bonus Sections add some depth, though.  :-D

I know. - Archie Andrews