WWW: Ripping Off King Arthur #76 -- Tanza Late Part Four

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu May 30 18:57:12 PDT 2013

On 5/29/2013 8:52 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Wed, 29 May 2013 22:32:08 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> As I've mentioned, I got more of a Wyatt Ferguson vibe.  Wyatt is
>> typically not a hero; he's more a survivor of weirdness, not a fighter
>> against it.
>
> Indeed. Wyatt is a non-superhero character in a superhero universe,
> whereas...

Well, it's *sort of* a superhero universe, and mostly that's because I
stuffed the Powernaut into it.  And he is a lot more of a misfit there
than Wyatt is.  Most of its other well-meaning superhumans work "de
facto" for governments, though they're historically willing to set up
their own offshore tax havens.  Leo the Pirate Vampire King is actually
the last in a long tradition of this.

(All comments apply to the Superhuman World series prior to the end of
Powernaut 2011.  Once I get around to writing 2012 stories, superheroes
and non-superheroes will mingle much less frequently.)

>> But in Tanza and Max's defense, there's not yet any
>> apparent reason to *fight* the weirdness around them.
>
> ...Tanza and Max are non-superhero characters in a non-superhero universe
> (mostly, so far). It makes sense that they wouldn't be quite as upright,
> especially as Tanza's genre is more noir, which is all about flawed
> characters.

Tanza and Max would fit pretty well in my own storylines, as long as I
could keep them away from the Powernaut.

I know. - Archie Andrews