WWW: Ripping Off King Arthur #76 -- Tanza Late Part Four

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed May 29 20:52:21 PDT 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013 22:32:08 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 05/28/2013 09:59 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
>> On 5/28/13 9:46 PM, Saxon Brenton wrote:

<snip>
>>> I'll second that.  Notwithstanding any cluelessness on my part, I didn't
>>> get that vibe at all.
>
> As I've mentioned, I got more of a Wyatt Ferguson vibe.  Wyatt is
> typically not a hero; he's more a survivor of weirdness, not a fighter
> against it.

Indeed. Wyatt is a non-superhero character in a superhero universe,
whereas...

>> ... yes Ripping Dancer and Fearless Leader are both much better human
>> beings than Tanza and Max.
>
> And they're heroes.  But in Tanza and Max's defense, there's not yet any
> apparent reason to *fight* the weirdness around them.

...Tanza and Max are non-superhero characters in a non-superhero universe
(mostly, so far). It makes sense that they wouldn't be quite as upright,
especially as Tanza's genre is more noir, which is all about flawed
characters.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, the fun is when you smash them
together.