WWW: Ripping Off King Arthur #76 -- Tanza Late Part Four

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed May 29 15:32:08 PDT 2013

On 05/28/2013 09:59 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
> On 5/28/13 9:46 PM, Saxon Brenton wrote:
>> On Tue 28 May Andrew replied to Arthur:
>>  >
>>  > This is a very different
>>  > dynamic, despite the similarity of "lady seduces well-meaning dude by
>>  > playing to his good guy side".
>>  >
>>  > Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, for one thing, Max isn't a hero.
 >>
>> I'll second that.  Notwithstanding any cluelessness on my part, I didn't
>> get that vibe at all.

As I've mentioned, I got more of a Wyatt Ferguson vibe.  Wyatt is
typically not a hero; he's more a survivor of weirdness, not a fighter
against it.

>> In addition to whatever Tanza may get as a reward, she also seems to
>> relish the challenge of pulling off her task.  Whereas Tara's private
>> recriminations
>> about what she had to do to achieve her ends practically made her an
>> honourary
>> Claremont-era X-books character.

Plus heavy heavy power angst.

> ... yes Ripping Dancer and Fearless Leader are both much better human
> beings than Tanza and Max.

And they're heroes.  But in Tanza and Max's defense, there's not yet any
apparent reason to *fight* the weirdness around them.