LNH20: Kung-Fu Holmes # 2: The Coming of Captain Corrector!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Mar 24 15:52:06 PDT 2013

On 3/24/2013 2:10 AM, Tom Russell wrote:
> Tom Russell presents
> KUNG-FU HOLMES # 2
> "The Coming of Captain Corrector"
> An LNH20 story
>
>     "I come not to correct your many unforgivable lapses in knowledge,
> but to seek your assistance against a dire threat to the entire
> planet."
>     "Well, that's more like it. What is it? An alien invasion? A
> criminal mastermind? Robots?"
>     "No, it is far, far worse. Something so disturbing that it is
> difficult for even I to speak the words."

"... Oh, no!  I meant 'for even *me*'!  It's like saying 'for me'
instead of 'for I', and the former is of course correct usage!"

But it was too late for Captain Corrector.  The Corrector Power had left
him.  With nothing else to sustain his body, he crumbled into dust.

Kung Fu Holmes said, "Pell Grants notwithstanding, I suppose ignorance
shall continue to give me a fertile field of crime to weed."

I know. - Archie Andrews