LNH/META: Personal Best

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 15:19:33 PDT 2013

One of the reasons why I make things-- such as works of fiction-- is so that I can enjoy them later. This happens pretty rarely though. It's hard to look back at something I've made without wishing (1) I had done it better or (2) I hadn't done it at all. This is especially true of my fiction-- the hundreds of "stories" I wrote for the LNH between 1997 and, say, 2000 are hardly gems.

I can still derive some enjoyment from some of my more "recent" LNH stories. I think WEB OF MAINSTREAM MAN is still pretty solid silly stuff.

I like the Catalyst Lass Leader for the Day story. I think I did some decent character work there.

The Master Blaster stories were pretty mean-spirited and ridiculous; I only really enjoy them when I'm in the proper mood.

... And that's pretty much it, really. I'll have to work on some LNH20 stories soon, as I'm still quite enthusiastic about the LNH20 concept.

Anyway, thread idea (slash lazy way for me to find some stories to reread this weekend)-- what are some of your favorite LNH stories that came from your own pen (er, keyboard)?