SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1962 #7: Here Come the Reds!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Mar 19 19:34:02 PDT 2013

On 3/18/2013 8:14 PM, mrnelson007 at gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, March 18, 2013 9:45:46 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
>

>> I'm not exactly sure how to address the United States Metahuman
>> Registration Act in-story.  I know it must have existed from 1955
>> onward, but it's the kind of thing that never would have been mentioned
>> in a comic book before at least 1968.  I'll probably stick it all in the
>> Powernaut 1962 letters page anyway, though, because we all know the
>> Powernaut's stories are for *all* time.
>
> You really don't have to use it, I was just being goofy. I loved the
> response though.

Thanks.

 > I was generally envisioning the MRA as a resurgence of
> the McCarthyist sensibilities in a period after the Cuban Missile
> Crisis. My current plan is to make the awakening of the first metahuman
> to be this world's equivalent of that.

That's kind of an 80's storyline, though.  Which actually fits Powernaut
1987 nicely.  8{D>

About that missile crisis and the politics back home...  Things might
work out a little differently in this story, now that the Commies have
*actually fired a missile* against Americans.  And hey, is that Fidel
Castro on that spaceship?  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews