LNHY: Looniverse Y #12: "Punk Frock"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 23:25:47 PDT 2013

On Mar 18, 2:48 pm, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm feeling mildly inspired by this.  (And also by Tom's
> darkly brilliant and disturbing _Jolt City_ #19...)

Oooooooh. <3

> The problem is that what springs to mind is far too
> derivative.  Having the supporting character of TJ
> publicly outed as an atheist (because this whould be
> a HCC #36 tie-in), then framed, imprisoned, and
> rescued/recruited by the System Corruptors-Y is basically
> just a rehash of this issue with a different recruit.
>
> So I throw the question open to the virtual floor: Given
> the above basic idea, what variations in plot structure
> or story tropes springs to your minds to put a different
> twist on things?

Hm. Well, the thing is, I had been thinking about the whole "atheist
camps" thing. Now, I don't think those are around anymore at this
point in continuity. But my mind had wandered over to the Sentinels.
And then, suddenly, it jumped over to Evangelion and I thought "Oooh!
Giant angel-shaped robots!"

So then I put the line about the giant robots in. So I was thinking:
Perhaps TJ is undercover at the factory where they're developing the
giant robots, trying to sabotage it? And just as he's about to be
outed, the System Corrupters stage a bright, colorful, public attack
on it?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, and then Things Happen