LNHY: Looniverse Y #12: "Punk Frock"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 20:10:50 PDT 2013

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 00:30:09 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> On Friday, March 15, 2013 7:47:32 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
>>
>> But a *nice* Slytherin, right?  Though if there *are* nice Slytherins,
>> then the Harry Potterverse must have gotten a substantial
>> character-trait infusion since I gave up following it.  And by
>> substantial, I mean like Fairy Princess Lad becoming a serious character.

Theoretically, there totally are; the organizing aspect of Slytherin is
ambition, not evilness. In practice, while some "not complete jerk" ones
showed up, they never had any really *heroic* ones.

UNTIL NOW *pops a wheelie and rides off*

> The Harry Potter series started out as a goofy, childish adventure series
> and gradually became darker and more serious while building on those same
> childish elements. So pretty much exactly like superhero comics, then. The
> first three books are like the Silver Age, the last four are like the
> Bronze/Claremont Age.

Indeed! Complete with teenage angst.

> Adrian (Also Claremont's X-Men and New Mutants was basically Young Adult
> before there was a Young Adult category)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, ahead of their time.