LNHY: Looniverse Y #12: "Punk Frock"

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 17:30:09 PDT 2013

On Friday, March 15, 2013 7:47:32 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:

> But a *nice* Slytherin, right?  Though if there *are* nice Slytherins,
>
> then the Harry Potterverse must have gotten a substantial
>
> character-trait infusion since I gave up following it.  And by
>
> substantial, I mean like Fairy Princess Lad becoming a serious character.

The Harry Potter series started out as a goofy, childish adventure series and gradually became darker and more serious while building on those same childish elements. So pretty much exactly like superhero comics, then. The first three books are like the Silver Age, the last four are like the Bronze/Claremont Age. That said, they never really did get in depth into the possibility that Slytherins aren't inherently evil, though that was a possibility.

Adrian (Also Claremont's X-Men and New Mutants was basically Young Adult before there was a Young Adult category)