LNH: Seeing if I can post man #3: No Tag!

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Fri Mar 15 14:01:25 PDT 2013

Arthur Spitzer <arspitzer at earthlink.net> writes:

> Seeing if I can post man posted something, but it didn't post.

> Then he realized something.  "I Forgot the tag!"

> And so he posted it again with a tag.  But it still didn't post.

> Seeing if I can post man looked up to the sky.  "Why?  WHY?!!"

You had a non-ASCII character in the subject header, which meant your mail
client mangled it according to RFC 2047, which the moderation software
doesn't understand.  There was a tag in there, but the moderation software
saw something like =?iso8859-1?q?WWW:=20...? and didn't know what to do
with it.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>