WWW: Ripping Off King Arthur #34 The Cantaloupe Kids Part Ten

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 12 16:45:09 PDT 2013

On 3/12/13 1:07 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 3/12/2013 12:31 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
>>
>> Give me Cantaloupe, or Give me...
>>
>> http://www.rippingoffkingarthur.com/2013/03/12/34-the-cantaloupe-kids-part-ten/
>>

> I've noticed your panels usually have a sort of gray background which
> comes from scanning the original art in.  Being the helpful and
> insufferable dude I am, I'd considered pointing that out.  But I decided
> against it because for all I knew, you liked it that way.  Now I can see
> it was intentional.  Totally.
>
>> Arthur "Rhymes with Breath..." Spitzer
>
> Meth?

Yeah, I could probably adjust the contrast and brightness in my iPhoto
program... or I could even put a picture in my paint program and touch
every thing up... but I don't do that because I'm incredibly lazy.  (Was
originally going to do this strip in color, but after trying to colorize
one of the strips and realizing how scanned art makes using the fill-up
tool a pain... I decided it would take too long to do that.  And that's
why it's in black and white.)  About the only strips that I touch up in
my paint program are the one's where I need a lot of black (usually the
Geraldo Gila ones).

As for today's webcomic within the webcomic being brighter, than the
grimmer real world of the webcomic -- I wish I could say that was
actually intentional... but that was probably more to using a cleaner
piece of paper.

Arthur "Just an accident..." Spitzer