LNH: Another LNH Title? Really? #1 -- 'The Ultimate Ninja's Cape!'

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 2 10:47:27 PST 2013

On 3/1/13 4:33 PM, EDMLite wrote:
>       You know how people are always talking about which stories
> would be a good introduction to the LNH for people who aren't
> familiar with its particular brand of lunacy?
>
>       Yeah.  This is that story.  It includes the "classic LNH"
> characters (including Fred!), great character interactions,
> descriptions of LNHQ as a setting, and a typically absurd
> LNH villain.
>
>       And it's short enough to be read in a single setting
> -- for example, during a meeting at work.  Not that I
> did that, or anything...

Thanks!

Since this was a first issue, I tried my best to make it somewhat
accessible and resisted the temptation to refer to Beige Midnight, LNH
vII #50. Imagine Saxon vs Andrew or whatever that's called.

>> "Hahah!!  Yes!!  Capes are cool!!" laughed the mysterious figure.  "You
>> see, LNH?  He's totally under my power.  My power -- to make him wear a
>> cape!!  And no matter how hard he tries -- no matter how hard -- he
>> can't break free.  No.  He can't break free from -- Dr.
>> Can-Make-The-Ultimate-Ninja-Wear-a-Cape!!!!!!
>
> It's just amazing the way they hand out doctorates these days.

Probably another fine graduate of Dave Thomas Deluxe University.

>> "NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" roared Knife Fight Dude as he rushed towards Dr.
>> Can-Make-The-Ultimate-Ninja-Wear-a-Cape tackling him to the ground.  And
>> then he plunged his big ass knife several times into the body of Dr.
>> Can-Make-The-Ultimate-Ninja-Wear-a-Cape.  Eventually a couple of LNH'rs
>> dragged a bloody Knife Fight Dude off of the corpse of Dr.
>> Can-Make-The-Ultimate-Ninja-Wear-a-Cape.
>
> Just out of curiosity, is Knife Fight Dude an LNH member these days?
> Or does he just hang around the lobby, passing out pamphlets,
> asking for change and getting into knife fights?

Honestly, I don't know.  It is one of those mysteries that will probably
never be revealed.  Master Roster Man probably knows, but for reasons
unknown will never ever tell us.

>> And then he looked at his fellow LNH'rs.  "We are never ever going to
>> speak about this again.  Ever."
>
> I feel a Taylor Swift parody coming on...
>
>> Anyone can write for this series, although I would ask that you only
>> write self-contained stories for this title.
>
> An interesting challenge!  I look forward to seeing who
> takes up the mantle next.

And I look forward to anyone writing a second issue of this...

> Get it?  Mantle?  Cape... oh, forget it...
>
> --Easily-Discovered Man Lite
> --Was capeless when capeless wasn't cool

Arthur "No Funny Jokes About Capes..." Spitzer