[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #43: The Secret History Of The Seven Cosmic Crowns, part 2

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jun 20 18:59:00 PDT 2013

On 6/20/2013 11:50 AM, Wil Alambre wrote:
> It can be lonely, I admit, being the Farthest Wizard From Space. There's
> also something to be said for a little company now and again. Especially
> here, at the very edge of the universe!

This is different from your usual style of starting a story.  When you
shared the story on Facebook, did it try to use these lines as a lead-in?

> Now, I was halfway through a tale about countless doomed lives... and yes,
> my friend, I do know the difference between 'countless' and 'seven'.

Ahh, I see you picked these lines as your lead-in instead.

> * * *
>
> Well, there we are. Not the high point in my race's long history, I admit.
> But history is nothing but the actions of men in pursuit of their ends. And
> we know how it all ended, don't we?
>
> What? You don't? Good heavens, there seems to be no respect for their
> lessons these days! Tsk tsk. Have you never heard the old saying about
> history repeating itself?
>
> I recommend you finish your tea and hurry on your way. I feel you will be
> getting a first-hand example of just such a thing!

Oooh, sounds like you have some plot line plans for what might happen if
one person should happen to get all seven crowns.

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> AUTHOR'S NOTES
>
> This second "half" clocks in at approximately 3600 words, more than twice
> the previous issue. Though I could have split this into two, I decided to
> leave it as a massive chunk. There is only so much expositional flashback
> readers can digest, and at least this way it is only one bitter pill.

Actually I found the expositional flashback to be tart and exciting.  I
think you could write a whole series called Super Wizard Wonder Showcase
with expositional flashback like this.  But if the old guy offers me tea
one more time, I might have to spew a mouthful of ionized hydrogen at
him and then light a match.  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews