SW10/WWW: Powernaut Free Comic Day: Results

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jun 1 11:21:33 PDT 2013

On 5/8/2013 4:56 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> Probably worth getting listed just for the hits...
>
> Did get quite a few hits from Belfrycomics...
>
> And I've cracked the 250 most read comics on Belfry:
> http://belfrycomics.net/view/mostread
>
> (203 at the moment... higher than Calvin and Hobbes!  Take that Bill
> Watterson! :)
>
> Arthur "No. 203!" Spitzer

heh.  Someone's obviously been working harder than Bill Watterson.
Congratulations.  8{D>

My monthly web statistics are in for Free Powernaut Comic Month, and
they're actually encouraging now.  The most popular single thing on my
web site is still... you guessed it, a picture from inside the House of
the Rock.  But the Powernaut's main page has now made it past my
previously most popular web *page* (as measured by Visits to Entry
Pages), the Silly Towns List.
(http://www.eilertech.com//hhgg/silly.htm)  Silly Towns actually has
given me advertising dollars over the years, and now it shall be
advertising the Powernaut because it totally can.

I checked a definition of Successful Media Sites this weekend.
(http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/statistics/successful-sites.html)
  The whole of Eilertech.com comfortably earned this description:  "A
small to moderate sized business can get this many visits if the site is
well promoted."  The Powernaut main page on its own earned:  "This many
visits is quite achievable for any site, but it will require a little
work. Not much, just a little."

And... Gah!  Powernaut seems to have made #100 on Belfry Comics!

I know. - Archie Andrews