SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #8: Don't You Want the Powernaut?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jul 27 10:36:43 PDT 2013

Here we have a challenge that would be too much for most people, even
the Powernaut.  People can *want* the Powernaut all they want, but
sometimes what they *need* is Karl!  In the spirit of 2005 decompressed
storytelling, the Powernaut presents another issue of Classic Karl Comics!

http://www.eilertech.com//stories/powernaut/2005b.htm#8

Go read the comic, then enjoy this Bonus Section:  Commentary from Vince
Cortez!  *The Test*

On the surface, this looks like a very silly test. I looked online and
couldn't find any test givers who would admit to asking questions like
those. The online sources said they take their questions and even
testing environments seriously, to reduce test anxiety. But it seems to
me this test might have been designed to gauge performance when anxious.
Since it's an online test, they can measure how long it takes to answer
each question too.

I noticed all the questions seemed to measure tolerance of villainy.
Karl's no villain, but he still passed. He once told me he wouldn't
shoot Hitler, he'd find him a nice Jewish girlfriend. Yep, that's Karl.

I know. - Archie Andrews