LNH/Meta: Warmonger?

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 20:29:00 PDT 2013

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 18:51:55 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 7/20/2013 10:14 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
<snip>
>> I mean, Saxon's 9/11 issue effectively removed much of the reason it
>> happened in the first place.
>
> I just now tried to find that issue in Google Groups, because it seems
> like something I need to read.  The closest I came was a nice little
> song about Alt.stralian xenophobia.

Well, here it is in the Eyrie archive:
http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/Series/Limp-Asparagus.Lad/Limp-Asparagus.Lad.55.gz

>> And Hex Luthor, even if he decided the
>> Taliban in Afghanistan were worth going after, wouldn't be the kind
>> to open up a second major front without finishing the first one.
>
> If Hex is anything like the President Luthor I've read about, he's
> *usually* pretty sensible...  but he might fly into a paranoid rage if
> he suspected his arch-enemy Superguy or Bicycle Repair Man (or whoever)
> were hiding super-technology in Iraq.

That's true, but in the Beige Cycle (Infinite Leadership Crisis, 58.5,
Intermezzo, Beige Countdown, Beige Midnight), it's shown that he kept
himself pretty well together in that aspect until Countdown/Midnight.

>> What do you think? Did the Hex administration decide to go after the
>> WMDs? Did some even stranger conflict happen?
>
> I vote for Stranger Conflict.  There's no shortage of conflict sources.

It's true. <3 There could be an entirely different kind of Iraq War-- and
come to think, it could hook directly into the story I asked this question
for...

>   My Superhuman World comics ("SW10") give that part of the world a
> fairly complete set of conflicts.

Ooooo! <3

> The airplane attack on the World Trade Center happened in August 2001,
> but was foiled by Ellipsis and his wife Scudbuster in hyper-speed armor.
>   The armor went missing, though; it showed up that September 11,
> crashing through the WTC.

Nice.

> The IAPF produced quite a lot of super-powered Saddam Hussein (and some
> Muammar Gaddafi) look-alike robots and other body doubles.  These
> resulted in a lot of fake Saddam Hussein death reports.

A situation that was brought up as a possibility in L-A Lad #55! Classic
tropes.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, pondering how history repeats.