LNH/Meta: Warmonger?

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 10:14:51 PDT 2013

Simply put: I was fiddling with future story ideas in the Middle East, and thinking of having a Mesopotamian artifact recovered during the Iraq War. But then I thought: Wait, did the Iraq War even happen in the Classic Looniverse?

I mean, Saxon's 9/11 issue effectively removed much of the reason it happened in the first place. And Hex Luthor, even if he decided the Taliban in Afghanistan were worth going after, wouldn't be the kind to open up a second major front without finishing the first one.

On the other hand, there have been a few references to it - a Google Groups search reveals a couple in Haiku Gorilla, a couple in EDM, and one in LNH v2. And that would be a pretty big cultural aspect to change, pushing the Looniverse away from parodying the world-outside-your-window aspect of comics.

What do you think? Did the Hex administration decide to go after the WMDs? Did some even stranger conflict happen?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, notes it probably did happen in both LNH20 and LNHY.