ASH: LNH 2027 One-Shot: "Rebooted"

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Thu Feb 14 15:26:57 PST 2013

In article <5883dd2f-f4cc-4353-a1a9-4ebc9f1014e0 at e11g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>,
Andrew Perron  <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Feb 13, 2:32 pm, dvan... at eyrie.org (Dave Van Domelen) wrote:
>
><snip>
>>      "Don't knock it," Compadre replied as he finished unpacking all of his
>> subsystems and threw his full power at the rogue program.
>
>"Compadre" is just a great name even before we get into the
>net.heroing.

     Based on ComPADRE.org, as I noted in the ash.wikidot.com entry.

>>      "Poetry," ADA-7 spat.
>
>Hey, I thought you liked poetry!

     She's conflicted on the matter.

>Has XAC-2 shown up before? He has a really clearly defined
>personality.

     Nope, created as I typed the first lines of the story.  But he's a
pretty clearly defined team archetype, the sometimes troublesome hothead
(i.e. Jason of G-Force, Human Torch).  In fact, I found myself working them
over into the original Avengers cast to some extent: The Warden is Iron Man,
Mod-I the obvious Thor, Trollsaurus is surly Hulk, and Blackcel is sort of
Wasp-like but with elements of Black Widow and Scarlet Witch.  Trading in
archetypes (or ectypes) does make characterization faster.

>> "RACCSpace Animation has a backdated
>> incorporation as a startup small studio and all the relevant permits.
>> Yesterday's 'guerilla marketing' stunt will result in some fines, but that
>> won't be a problem."
>
>One thing I'm wondering is, basically, from what vantage point this
>was all visible to humans.

     Links to streaming video popping up all over the place.  Not push style
spam, but it would show up as an option in lists of media files, unbidden.
And anyone looking for regular system information (i.e. admins) would see it
as a media file rather than an actual attack/defense.

     Dave Van Domelen, not too worried about the technical specifics, just
handwaving that it looks like a show rather than reality.