SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2013 Update #5: Recently-Discovered Universes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Dec 31 16:21:49 PST 2013

--- PART 5:  Recently-Discovered Universes ---

UNIVERSE:  The Deck

- Type:  Tech, apparently

- Chronicler(s):  Andrew Foltz ("MrNelson007")

- Chronicler's Web Site:  not for this one

- Activity:  once in March

- Relevance:  Unlikely.  This universe is self-contained and unlikely to
interact with others.

- Threat Analysis:  Standard superhuman.

- Critique:  It's a decent start for a world full of superhuman agents.
  We shall give further analysis if it should ever continue.

- Psychovant's Comments:  Oh, I %^&!ing blinked and missed it.

---

UNIVERSE:  The Goddess

- Type:  Mystic

- Chronicler:  Andrew Foltz ("MrNelson007")

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://tumblr.com/goddesscorrespondence/

- Activity:  Weekly, if you look on Tumblr; otherwise, inactive since
September

- Relevance:  Major.  The Goddess may come here at any time, and we may
not be able to stop her.  Thankfully she is focused elsewhere.

- Threat Analysis:  Major.  An Earth girl Lydia Devin has apparently
become the ultimate power in all the universes.  She dimension-travels
at whim and gives herself any superhuman power she craves.  But she's
easily distracted.  She especially loves seeking her dimensional
counterparts.  Fortunately our Council world is depopulated and seems to
have no Lydia Devin.

- Critique:  Lydia Devin has come upon Ultimate Power.  She has
inadvertently destroyed her Earth, or her universe, or maybe
*everything*.  She's recreated it all.  Her sister Elana was always her
best friend, but now Elana distrusts her.  Now Lydia experiments with
being a vigilante...  It's just as well for us that she now plays
*limited* power games.  This is a fine story which could take years to
develop.  It's told as Tumblr pages, and "RACC" doesn't always get the
updates.

- Psychovant's Comments:  Gawk!  Get me outta here!  Good thing she's
looking somewhere else!  Let me just watch from over here, because this
story is like a fly zapper and I can't look away!

---

UNIVERSE:  Super Wizard From Space

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler:  Wil Alambre

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://wil.alambre.ca/racc/

- Activity:  formerly weekly, but inactive since May

- Relevance:  Has *already* interacted with the Council!  A *minor*
bee-creature from this continuum (which *you met*, Chancellor Wyatt) is
already changing an international balance of power on "Turkworld"!

- Threat Analysis:  Major.  There are seven Ellipsis-PLUS-level beings
in this universe, with cosmic crowns which give them power.  These
crowns are the major enforcement-items in a fragile interstellar peace
agreement.  This universe's Earth is represented in the arrangement -
secretly, by a demon who *imprisoned* their Judeo-Christian Devil!  The
crown-holders are proven inter-dimensional travelers; their foremost
warrior (the Super Wizard From Space) has already come to the baseline
Earth-SW10 and fought Ellipsis *plus* many other heroes to a draw!
Currently that same warrior has collected all but one of the cosmic crowns.

- Critique:  Awesome, when it's published.  This story is like Game of
Thrones with cosmic powers, only superhero-style so we can see who
supposedly *ought* to win.  The story has gone two or three years now,
and made it to the final challenge.  It just needs to finish.  And this
is not something a committee can help with, because the Writer has
filled the series with plot twists, plus some doubts as to who ought to
win now.  This Writer can be expected to continue that same twisted
way... if only he would.

- Psychovant's Comments:  Gawk!  Get me outta here!  Good thing they're
all sleeping or posing or something!

I know. - Archie Andrews