SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2013 Update #1: Introduction and SW10

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Dec 27 18:11:57 PST 2013

Author's Note:  I actually published a "Catalog of Earths" in 2008.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2008/commentQ2.htm#catalog ...  So this
really is an update.

I think I shall publish this in five parts, daily through New Year's
Eve.  "End of Year" seems a reasonable goal for a review column.

---

THE CATALOG OF EARTHS, 2013 UPDATE
Private to the Chancellor Wyatt Ferguson at the Council of Ordered Realities

--- PART 1:  Introduction and SW10 ---

This report describes many of the major universes which are eligible for
the Council of Ordered Realities but not yet catalogued by it.  We got
much of the detail by attaching an eavesdropping device to the
dimension-hopping duck named Psychovant.  Apparently he's been orbiting
an omniversal axis called "RACC", which on some level of reality stands
for Rec.Arts.Comics.Creative.

Universe SW10 ("Superhuman World 10") is of course a major part of the
Council; many of its offshoots are represented here.  We survey its main
Earth and several variants separately
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2008/commentQ2.htm#catalog).  But some
of its recent offshoots are uncatalogued and therefore of interest.

---

We here report these details for each universe:

- Type:  (Superhuman / Tech / Mystic; indication of what kind of power
drives the world; Superhuman may include the others)

- Chronicler(s):  (one or more "Writers" whom the universe regards as
governing powers)

- Chronicler's Web Site:  (if one uses the "http:" subset of our
Hyper-Body Hyper-Transfer Protocol, one can get a web page summary of
this universe)

- Activity:  (roughly weekly / monthly / sporadic / date of last
activity.  Inactivity is the sign of a dying universe.)

- Relevance:  (could not / could / has interacted with the Council)

- Threat Analysis:  (how much could they hurt the Council?  This is
basically the power level plus the crossover potential.)

- Critique:  (how pleasant is this universe for an observer to learn
about?  This section uses episodic analysis and treats the universe like
a story.  It's basically the "review".)

- Psychovant's Comments:  (This comes from a cyber-duck with an
attitude.  Its remarks are preserved for the sake of completeness - and
heavily but imperfectly edited to prevent an omniversal war.  It's
basically the dark side of the critique.)

---

UNIVERSE:  SW10 Offshoots (Powernaut 2012 / Turkworld / Victorians)

- Type:  Various.  Powernaut 2012 is Superhuman, Turkworld is Tech, the
Victorian World is Mystic

- Chronicler(s):  Scott Eiler

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/

- Activity:  The main SW10 world is active weekly, but these offshoots
have all been inactive throughout 2013

- Relevance:  Chancellor Wyatt, you've already visited "Turkworld".  It
is quiet, but bears watching due to extra-dimensional intervention (see
"Relevance:  Super Wizard From Space").  The other Earths might some day
figure out how to interact with us, but can be dealt with if they ever
arise.

- Threat Analysis:  Please note, a time machine to almost any year since
1941 could find a very active Powernaut.  But beginning in 2012, the
Powernaut colonized an alternate Earth.  He seems fully occupied there.
  If ever he should oppose us, he has great power but is easy to
distract.  The other universes have no intrinsic power we cannot match.

- Critique:  (omitted due to inactivity in the last year)

- Psychovant's Comments:  I hate this %^&!ing Writer.  He ignores my
wonderful wonderfulness, until he needs someone to say the $#!+ he's
afraid to.  But at least he knows, nine out of ten readers just want to
look at pictures.  And even at the best times, this Writer has to choose
two of these three activities:  writing text stories; drawing those
wanktastic flashback Powernaut comics; and, wiping his ass.  Maybe if
Chairman Mao rose from the dead, declared another Cultural Revolution,
and forced the world to consider SW10 *text* stories to be Revolutionary
Word, this Writer would abandon one of the other activities and write
more text...  Be careful what you wish for!

--- Next:  PART 2:  RACC and LNH ---

I know. - Archie Andrews