LNH/REPOST: Jong #5 -- ' The Search for an Audience Part 1'

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 19 18:11:40 PST 2013

Jong #5 is weird.  Really weird.  I don't know what I was on when I
wrote it (cough medicine?).

This was I guess supposed to be part one of some multi-part epic that I
never got around to finishing -- that being said, this issue is pretty
much a self-contained.

Looking over some parts of it, I'd say I was trying to write like David
R Henry (my other series during this period was On the Deadbeat where I
was trying to write like Paul Hardy) so that's probably where some of
the weirdness comes from.

The main villain of this issue is Dumster-TRON, which Dave Van Domelen
is kind of responsible for (an issue of Constellation during Robot
Invasion had Slobbering Grue! fighting a Robo-MAC dumpster.

There was a long gap between this and issue four.  I was trying to make
each issue better than the last, which ultimately was why this series
ground to a halt here.  Another reason I probably lost interest in
finishing up issue six was because 'On the Deadbeat' was a lot more
popular (well at least in getting feedback and reviews -- because it got
some.  Jong #5 got crickets chirping (in its dreams).

This is the first mention of The Hokey the Wonderseal Show.

Oh, and I didn't actually edit this (it probably does need a lot of
editing though).

Witness The Last Issue of JONG...

(Or is it?)