SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #13: Zorch the Powernaut!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Aug 29 18:52:17 PDT 2013

One of the joys of being the Powernaut is to do things quickly.
CONCLUDING the Party 'til the World Obeys!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005b.htm#13

This is the 98th Powernaut comic.  Looks like #100 will be 1966 #2,
probably sometime in October. In related news, the Powernaut's old rival
the Domination of Eiler is probably launching its Second Continental
Offensive that month.  (The Powernaut and the Domination of Eiler
actually are rivals, both in my life and the Powernaut's.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2005/powerpatrol2.htm#domination).
Boy, life is going to be interesting.

Today is the eighth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina's landfall. Perhaps
it is tasteless for me to write a comic strip about it - but even at the
time, that hurricane was a guest star in a Powernaut story. I think this
episode shows the Powernaut's unique attitude toward it and all life's
cries: smile and start rebuilding.

I end this episode with commentary from within the story too.

Bonus Section:  Commentary from Vince Cortez!  The Cleanup

All the links here can be found under
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2005/ .

One may wonder what the governmental response would be in a world where
people really can move hurricanes around by wishing.  I can say, they
take it seriously.  But this isn't quite the government we're most
familiar with...  This series has already mentioned, the world was ruled
by the Space Jellyfish.  If you look closely, you can see they were on
the Powernaut's side in this confrontation.  I don't know exactly what
they did with the villains, but there was no trace of them until...
well, you'll have to read more Powernaut stories to find what happens
later.

Speaking of more Powernaut stories...  We haven't yet heard from
everyone who was involved in this incident or in hurricane relief
efforts.  I'm sure there will be more stories from many people. But the
Powernaut has already published his own notes. (powerpatrol2.htm)  If
you prefer your Powernaut adventures as comic strips, Karl's told me the
next modern-era episode will come online early next year.

I know. - Archie Andrews