GC: Correspondence From the Goddess #21: A Visit to Fortean Watch

mrnelson007 at gmail.com mrnelson007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 19:03:46 PDT 2013

Hello and welcome back my friends, to the story that never ends. I'm so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.

Okay, pretty much none of that made sense.  Anyway, http://goddesscorrespondence.tumblr.com as usual!

I’ve been in a philosophical mood of late. I think perhaps the most remarkable aspect of life is that it just keeps going. Yes, each person, each plant, each animal eventually fades, but life as a whole continues. Even if a species dies out, there are always others, new ones being created, evolving. It’s remarkable. Such a simple thing, the act of being alive. You don’t even have to do anything. Just by being you, you already have. Don’t you think that’s fascinating?

- Elana

So the whole music thing is going okay, I guess. I’ve been practicing, and I still feel like I suck at this. But I haven’t given up. That’s a big improvement by itself, right? Well, I like to think so, at least. I’m working on it. I suppose I could cheat and magically make myself miss perfect guitarist, but that seems… Well I don’t know what it seems like, but it’s boring. What’s the point if I’m just going to wave my hand and make it all solve itself?

Hell, why do I care so much about that? I never had a problem with magically fixing a video game so I could win, so why am I so worried about learning guitar normally? I suppose the games did get pretty boring if I was taking easy mode the whole time. I don’t really want to get bored with music right away. Everything gets boring fast now. I need something that’s a challenge. Fuck, I need some passion in my life. Something to get me excited to get up in the morning. Er, well, you know, if I slept or something. You know what I mean.

So the next couple of weeks were kind of a blur. I don’t remember a lot of the details about what happened next. I know I worked on my telekinesis a lot. How could I not, really? That was easily the coolest thing that had ever happened to me, or possibly anyone else. We went shopping to buy some new dishes, but that was as boring as you can imagine. Actually probably even more boring than that. I started to take an interest in paranormal things too. Well, I already had something of an interest, but only for things like ghost stories. I never thought they were real, I just thought it was cool to try to scare myself. But if I could do things like this, I definitely was willing to believe that there might be something else out there that was crazy and impossible. Hell, that would probably have made me feel a lot better about everything.

I was reading the forums on one of the sites I visited, Fortean Watch, looking through all the “sightings” to see if anything seemed real. As usual, it didn’t. “Ugh, Bigfoot, ghost, ghost, zombies - really? Zombies? Good luck with that one. Ooh, a witch, people don’t go for witches much anymore. Ugh. This is all crap.” I sighed, disappointed. Nothing was ever going to be real. I wanted to believe, but honestly, how many crappy blurry pictures could people really expect me to believe? Ugh, I swear. Some days I think the only mystery left in the world is me. Not sure if that’s just boring or actually really depressing.

But then, I saw something interesting. On the front of the page, there was an article that caught my eye. /The Gods of Egypt: Ancient Myths or Alien Visitors?/ That was the first time I had seen something that might actually be useful. /Wait. Aliens? So there are aliens, with abilities that made people think they were gods? At least, maybe. Maybe I’m some kind of alien? That works I guess? Well, more than being human anyway. But if that’s true, then why do I look like Elana? I mean, being humanoid, sure, but looking just like them? That seems pretty weird. Maybe some kind of weird shape-shifting thing to blend in with whatever planet I’m on? No, that seems really stupid… But if those ancient “gods” were aliens too, am I one of them? Does that mean there’s more out there? Was I abandoned here?/

I snapped out of it with the sound of an email arriving. Glancing over, I read through the email from Rachel.

/Lydia,

Thank you for your cooperation with our previous testing efforts. We have taken the data that you have provided and are using it to research potential breakthroughs. Your amazing capabilities may lead to revolutions in medicine, as promised. We hope to work with you again in the future. Please contact us for an appointment at one of our labs so that we may obtain blood samples for further research. As always, your cooperation will be compensated.

Sincerely,

Rachel Hawkins/

A blood sample? Well, yeah. That made sense, but I still wasn’t exactly trusting them. But getting a blood sample in a lab, well… where else would you get one, right? /Still, after last time, maybe I should talk it over with Elana again and see if I can get her to come with me. She might be able to help keep them from doing something shady. Maybe./

- Lydia