SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #9: Welcome - 'Til the World Obeys!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Aug 2 20:29:30 PDT 2013

The Party 'Til The World Obeys finally gets rolling, and Karl
contemplates a room full of world dominators.  Meanwhile, the Powernaut
is back - facing Super-Hurricane Katrina!  Things start moving fast from
here.

http://www.eilertech.com//stories/powernaut/2005b.htm#9

I considered publishing another Bonus Section this week, but my 2005
commentator doesn't know enough about all the guest stars.  This is a
job for Author's Notes!

The guests at the Party 'Til The World Obeys deserve some mention in a
way the 2005 commentator may not be able to provide... Wyatt Ferguson
met a council of villains in 2007, whose membership closely resembles
the people on panel. (The Siege of Raleigh,
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2007/raleigh.htm)  Eric X from the 2011
series is leading the conclave.  Russell Anvernacht and Philippe St.
Joseph Lateran (characters both longstanding and future) are prominent.
  Osama bin Laden is in the audience too; I actually used the cover art
from my 2007 story for artistic reference.

Powernaut comics are optimized for download speed, not for art quality;
it takes at least eight Powernaut strips to fill as much bandwidth as
one comic from other people. But I'm trying out some new artistic tricks
to increase my pixel budget, particularly where reality storms and
Pentahedrons are involved. I'm also compressing the artwork more than
ever before (indexed instead of RGB mode), which reduces my pixel
budget. Hopefully these two trends will keep each other from extremes.
And if the art with Hypergaardians in it makes the other stuff look
flat, that's really not a bad thing. The visitors themselves look as
flat as everyone else (so far), because they're trying to fit in. But
space tends to bend around them.

I know. - Archie Andrews