[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #41: Do While Rw Nw Prt M Hrw, Part 5

Wil Alambre wilalambre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 17:33:19 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-30, at 3:10 PM, Andrew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 01:54:09 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:
>
>> "Because-I-*chose*-to," M spat back. Even ruined and restrained, he projects a
>> powerful defiance, so much that We instinctively step away from him.
>> "I-*decided*-to. My-decision. Not-a-royal-responsibility. Not-the-command-
>> from-super-computer-gods. Not-the-suggestion-of… manipulative-vipers.
>> This-is-the-decision-of-a-mind, not-a-machine."
>>
>> He has gone insane. He no longer makes sense.
>
> Oh, Queen Buzzz. You're so dense. <3

It was pretty interesting trying to get things across to the reader through the point-of-view of a character who *doesn't get it* :)

>> The holographic light of M's headdress jumps madly. The decorative stripes
>> oscillate with screaming desperation. M is unmoved. In fact, he is making a
>> show of ignoring it. He stares directly at Us as his deity pleads for help,
>> "Yes, well... I've-outgrown-the-need-for-gods."
>
> This badassery was wonderfully ratcheted up to, over the course of this
> issue and the last. <3 You're really seriously like MEGA good at that.

I admit I didn't *plan* for that moment, but once I thought up the line, it was one of those "aw yeah, that is going to be AWESOME" moments that I *had* to include somehow :P

>> The conclusion of the "Do While" story arc.
>
> How's it supposed to be spelled, anyway?

The title of the story is "Do While Rw Nw Prt M Hrw". The "do while" part is computer lingo to initiate a loop until certain conditions are met, and "rw nw prt m hrw" (and it is spelt that way) is the transliterated name for the original Egyptian book of the dead :)

Wil Alambre