[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #41: Do While Rw Nw Prt M Hrw, Part 5

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 13:10:40 PDT 2013

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 01:54:09 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

> "The tournament isz sztill in effect! We remain bound asz witnessz!" We are
> aware of it now. Fully. Any consideration of leaving this desert planet just
> slips away, as if the thoughts are made of mercury.

But thoughts made of trickster gods are the best kind! <3

> "Because-I-*chose*-to," M spat back. Even ruined and restrained, he projects a
> powerful defiance, so much that We instinctively step away from him.
> "I-*decided*-to. My-decision. Not-a-royal-responsibility. Not-the-command-
> from-super-computer-gods. Not-the-suggestion-of… manipulative-vipers.
> This-is-the-decision-of-a-mind, not-a-machine."
>
> He has gone insane. He no longer makes sense.

Oh, Queen Buzzz. You're so dense. <3

> "The-pyramid-gods-don't-power-the-populace. They're-the-distributers-
> of-the-blue-static, not-the-source. The-people-of-Planet-M-are-the-great-
> engineers-of-the-universe. Those-that-want-to-live, will. But-it'll-be-
> because-they-want-to. I'm-*forcing*-freedom-on-them."

Awesome.

> The holographic light of M's headdress jumps madly. The decorative stripes
> oscillate with screaming desperation. M is unmoved. In fact, he is making a
> show of ignoring it. He stares directly at Us as his deity pleads for help,
> "Yes, well... I've-outgrown-the-need-for-gods."

This badassery was wonderfully ratcheted up to, over the course of this
issue and the last. <3 You're really seriously like MEGA good at that.

> He is bigger than this world now. Bigger and wider and deeper and taller and
> heavier. Beyond measurement. He creates his own existence, then uses it to
> become more.
>
> The heavy chains no longer bind him; he simply moves around them. Gravity no
> longer holds him; he simply pushes it aside. He does not stand, he folds the
> universe away from him.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit <3

> "Your-queen? Who-is-she? You-don't-know-her. How-can-you? You've-
> known-her-for-a-sliver-of-a-moment. You-can't-make-any-sort-of-judgement-
> based-on-such-a-small-piece-of-story. You-don't-know-her-any-more-
> than-she-knows-you."

's truth!

> With a desperate lunge, he reaches in and wraps his hands around a
> dense, complicated series of lambent circuits. "Emperor, please,
> don't-make-me..." B begs.
>
> "Those-are-my-core-IB-microprocessors, A." Emperor M's tone is frighteningly
> flat. Disturbingly calm. "You-hold-the-heart-of-my-circuitry-in-your-hands.
> If-you-tear-those-out, I-can't-be-Backup-restored."
>
> "Emperor. My-emperor..."

Augh the delicious TENSION

> "myemperorpleasemyqueenneedsme"
>
> "ihavemadenonetoweepihavenoteatentheheartihavenotbeenangrywithjustcause"
>
> "dontmakemedothismymprrplscnthrty"
>
> The room fills with light...
>
> "hvnttrnsgrssdmntstrrrpfstrfhvwrngdnnhvdnnvil"

Pretty much me right now

> The Super Wizard From Space turns to Us. To look at Us. Not at the pleasing
> female form We wrap Ourself in, not the regality or dignity we shelter
> Ourselves in. He stares at the simple shape of Our true form, transmitted
> across endless space to be echoed in transmission gel. He stares at *Us*.
>
> And He says to Us, "I challenge you, planet Genova, to cosmic battle."

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

> The conclusion of the "Do While" story arc.

How's it supposed to be spelled, anyway?

> And *HOLY DAMN CRAP* I hope I never adopt such annoying freaking speech
> patterns again! What a pain in the ass it was to hyphenate and "z" every line
> of dialogue! O_O

*snerk*

> If this arc spanned more chapters, I would have definitely enjoyed exploring
> more of the influences of Planet M. Instead, I went for the brief touches
> instead, the occasional blatant reference, and let everyone else pick up on
> whatever they did (or did not).

<3 Very good.

> The one thing I wanted to get across for sure is the Queen Buzz reveal. Not
> sure how clearly the "truth" of her came across in the previous chapter, but I
> hope I re-enforced it out clearly in this one.

I got bits before and the whole thing now. <3

> We're nearing the end of the challenge, both in the story and for myself. All
> that remains is the battle with Buzz, and then possibly revenge against the
> wizard race. I should be able to hit fifty chapters (at least)... I should do
> a special-edition or something! :)

SERIOUSLY <3

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, just, wonderful best.