RACCIES: 2012 (19th Annual) RACCies Ceremony

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:55:15 PDT 2013

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 04:32:50 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

> On 2013-04-28, at 9:46 AM, Andrew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 05:01:11 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>>
>>> *  The Diabolical Devilman (The Devil).  I *still* haven't figured out
>>> what exactly his powers are.  I have however figured that when he's
>>> properly written, it just doesn't matter.  His *real* power is, he knows
>>> stuff and he's not an idiot.
>>
>> Pretty much. I mean, the usual interaction with the Devil in a story has
>> him making sneaky deals, right? That translates to being able to read
>> people and figure stuff out from context.
>
> I particularly like how, despite being almost consistently presented as a
> classic mischievous devil, its his "two-fisted crime-fighting Diabolical
> Devilman" alter-ego that gets regularly referred to. Its a weird side-note
> to the character that doesn't come into play very much but defines him and
> how he is presented: don't worry about the details so long as you're having
> fun :)

I know, right? And it's sort of the fact that he's simultaneously this
trickster, this amoral cunning fox, and yet he also has a ridiculous alter
ego who seems to act like a traditional hero. Basically, characters who
have that sort of tension to them are great.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, also, Double-Hell.