RACCIES: 2012 (19th Annual) RACCies Ceremony

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 07:46:14 PDT 2013

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 05:01:11 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> She provided a good viewpoint
> for someone new to RACC, plus an important connection to a big Plot
> Element.  That's why I used her as the viewpoint character.

I know, right?

> The latter is
> already popular for guest appearances, and she's a really useful Plot
> Element, so I used her.

And really just makes more sense for a story like this. <3

> *  Casey von Aluminumfoil.  His creator Andrew Perron acts all surprised
> that this 18-year-old is acting all grown up.  But hey, the LNH Wiki
> says he's introspective *and* he's inspired by his grandpa who was also
> a superhero.  Really, can you be any more mature than that?

Oooooh. Good point. <3

> It's been pointed out that I may have gotten his compulsion powers
> wrong, and trivialized the suffering that comes from Attention Deficit
> Disorder when I had him suffer from it however temporarily.  (Uh oh,
> Andrew P. is trying out his critical review skills on a friendly Writer
> again!)

MWAHAHAHA. All shall feel the pressure of my gaze!

> Still, I
> think he fit the story better that way than as a whiny boy who stands
> still a lot and can't see over the grownups.

...actually, the thing is, the characterization you used was pretty similar
to how he actually acts.

> I also forgot what
> exactly Ultimate Mercenary's relation to Ultimate Ninja was; I thought
> they were father and son.

Now *there*'s an AU.

> *  The Diabolical Devilman (The Devil).  I *still* haven't figured out
> what exactly his powers are.  I have however figured that when he's
> properly written, it just doesn't matter.  His *real* power is, he knows
> stuff and he's not an idiot.

Pretty much. I mean, the usual interaction with the Devil in a story has
him making sneaky deals, right? That translates to being able to read
people and figure stuff out from context.

> Thanks for all comments about the ceremony, especially the kind ones.  8{D>

Soitinly!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, posty post, workity work