RACCIES: 2012 (19th Annual) RACCies Ceremony

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 22:35:23 PDT 2013

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 04:55:56 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> On Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:45:15 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
>
> "It's not working."

 Ultimate Mercenary and his loose-knit team been trying unsuccessfully for
several hours to jumpstart the car that had a few moments ago been their
friend, Net.Access. [see Ultimate Mercenary #7]

> "You OK, Alice?" said Victoria.
>
> "I guess so," said Net.Access from the car radio, crackling with static.
> "I used to feel like this every morning when I woke up to go to classes."

Quick, pour Mountain Dew into the carburetor!

> "Hmmm," said Ultimate Mercenary. "What would Ultimate Ninja do here? Maybe
> he'd rub his hands together and try to generate static electricity..."

I-- what

> "We're out of continuity right now anyway," said Net.Access. "I'm sure
> we're not going to remember any of this."

You're verging on Lance Parkin levels of OOC/IC mixture here.

> "It says to click your heels together three times and say, there's no
> place like RACC," said Masterplan Lad.

*snerk*

> When Net.Access heard the name Lydia (which used to be her own in a world
> that no longer existed, before she went back to using the name from her
> previous history since it fit her better), she turned instinctively to hear
> where it was coming from (in spite of being a car).

OF COURSE! Don't you know anything about automotives??

> Manga Girl gleamed with excitement. "Yay! I'll go talk to her."
>
> "No!" said Masterplan Lad, yanking her back. "We want to keep things
> simple."

Or as simple as possible, considering the author.

> "I thought this was supposed to be the 2011 ceremony?" said Masterplan Lad.
>
> "That hasn't happened yet," said Net.Access. "Andrew got busy."
>
> Masterplan Lad facepalmed. "Why can't these LNH writers do anything in order?"

Eheheheh. `-`; HEY IS THAT SOME KIND OF DEMONIC DUCK

> Victoria cocked her head. "You're kind of weird, did you know that?"
>
> "Yep!" Manga Girl beamed proudly.

Heeheeheehee <3

> "Oooh!" said Ultimate Mercenary. "He's finally gonna--"
>
>> "Kid Kirby.  Silence Mr. Ninja."  BBBOLT from the tables
>
> "Or not," sighed Victoria.

XD <3 Yay for fanboys.

> "Yes," said Victoria. "Sitting around listening to people explain things.
> How awful. I guess now you know how the rest of us feel."

XD XD XD Victoria Arden = best deadpan

>> HONORABLE MENTION:  Three Metaphors For Superhero Teams!  (Accepted by
>> Manga Girl)
>
> “Ha! Trophy get!” said Manga Girl, doing a triple backflip and then
> finding herself grasped by the tentacles. She tried to waggle her eyebrows
> flirtatiously at the tentacle-trophy, but nothing happened, so she just
> sulked in midair.

*snerk*

>> ** FAVORITE MINI-SERIES (RACC3):  TIE!  Beige Midnight (Accepted by
>> Ultimate Ninja) AND Ultimate Mercenary (Accepted by Ultimate Mercenary)!
>
> “Maybe Ultimate Ninja will notice me!” thought Ultimate Mercenary.
> Unfortunately he didn’t, being too preoccupied with getting into an epic
> struggle with the tentacles that he never noticed his former servant.
> Ultimate Mercenary was shocked enough about UN’s easy loss that he didn’t
> stand a chance.

Poor UM. XD

>> HONORABLE MENTIONS:  System Corrupters #28 (Accepted by
>> Crossover Queen) AND Ultimate Mercenary #7 (Accepted by Masterplan Lad)!
>
>  “Oh all right,” grumbled Masterplan Lad. He walked up to the stage and
> disconsolately let himself be fondled by the tentacles.

Augh <3 But what does the Crossover Queen think of this fondling?

>> ** FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC (RACC15):  TIE!  Adrian McClure
>> AND Andrew Perron!  Honorable Mentions:  Scott Eiler AND Rob Rogers!
>
> “Well of course they had to tie!” said Manga Girl. “They’re meant for each
> other.” She giggled.
>
> “...What is this?” said Masterplan Lad.
>
> “You know. They work on stuff together all the time, here and on Tumblr. I
> ship them.”

...XD;;;; Oh my. I've never had someone just come up and slash me before.

> “You... you... Manga Girl, it doesn’t work that way. We’re the characters
> and they’re the writers. It’s supposed to be the other way around.”
>
> “Says who?”
>
> “I’m not having this conversation.”
>
> Meanwhile, Ultimate Mercenary was determinedly ignoring them.

Heeheeheehee <3

> “...right, sorry. Well I’ll give you all a hug when I’m not a car,
> whenever that is.”

IN THE NEXT EXCITING ARC: She's a helicopter.

> “I don’t know about hugs,” said Ultimate Mercenary. “I mean, in principle.”
>
> “I have to agree,” said Masterplan Lad.

Ultimate Toughguy and Stickuphisass Lad!

> This story isn’t even in continuity. We’re going to forget all about it
> all back when we’re back into our own storyline.”
>
> “Oh really?” Manga Girl giggled. She pulled out a convenient pie that was
> lying around and slapped it in Masterplan Lad’s face.

CLASSIC.

> And I completley missed the whole thing. :( Well I wrote all that to make
> up for it. I am somewhat sleep deprived at the moment and do not take
> responsibility for any of the above. At least I voted this time.

This was great, no lie <3

> Adrian (thankful for the awards, and for the lack of fictional tentacles)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, ditto!