RACCIES: 2012 (19th Annual) RACCies Ceremony

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 21:52:26 PDT 2013

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 04:39:41 +0000 (UTC), mrnelson007 at gmail.com wrote:

> "I thought they broke all of those. I've never seen so many people with
> superpowers flying around at once!  ...okay well, I've never seen anyone
> with superpowers other than you.  Still, it was really something else.
> Fighting for justice and order and all that important stuff," Elana smiled,
> nodding in satisfaction and crossing her arms.

Oh, Elana. Just... oh, Elana.

> "Oh, stop that. You can't even /get/ drunk!"  Elana tapped her foot
> impatiently as she looked over at her nigh-omnipotent sibling, letting out
> an all-too-familiar sigh.
>
> "I can too. I just have to do it to myself!"

Heeheehee. <3

> She did her best Lydia
> impression, which was fairly good, all things considered. "'A fucking waste
> of my time that almost made me kill everyone again.'  Which, I'll admit, is
> actually pretty accurate for once."
<snip>
> "So, apparently they really liked you, I guess," Elana stood there, feeling
> a bit unsure of what to say at this point.  "That was a lot of trophies."

Ohhhh, *Elana*. Sheesh. <3 <3 <3

> "Fuck the awards," Lydia said softly, her slurring gone as quickly as it
> had arrived. "Why should I care about those?"
>
> "I don't know," Elana said quietly, frowning and rubbing her arm gently.
> "It's a sign that people care."

We do, we really do!

> "Yeah, I guess.  But they don't /know/.  No one knows.  How could they?"
> She stared at the trophy in her hands again, shaking her head. "They're
> superheroes and shit.  Saving the galaxy or whatever the fuck.  And what am
> I? I'm just some stupid kid.  But I could take care of all of them, if I
> wanted to.  Just like that."

Man, spoken like someone who's never seen the Insanity Gauntlet. (Well, I
guess she saw it earlier tonight, but...)

> The lights in the room went out, and from nowhere, a spotlight shined on
> the goddess. "And the award for best sister in the universe goes to...
> Elana Devin!"

Awwwwwwww!

> "Hell, you should have gotten all of them, El, not me." Lydia threw her
> arms around Elana, pulling her into an embrace.  The trophy clattered to
> the floor as Elana stood there in surprise. "I love you, sis."
>
> "I know you do, Lydia."

AUGH MY FEELS. ;-;v Good job.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, BEST SISTERS.