LNH20: Kung-Fu Holmes # 2: The Coming of Captain Corrector!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 07:45:02 PDT 2013

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 09:10:41 +0000 (UTC), Tom Russell wrote:

>    "Well, Holmes," said Cyborg James Boswell,

Snerk.

>    "I suppose it does," said Kung-Fu Holmes. "I'm glad I did, too.
> Otherwise, it would have been quite a 'blot' on my record!"
>    Explain-The-Joke Lass passed them in the hall. "Because 'blot' is a
> backgammon term for a checker left vulnerable on a point."
>    "Oh!" said Cyborg James Boswell (hereafter, Cyborg Boswell).

Ohhhhhhhh. <3 I love you, ETJLass. Best functional character.

>    "The ten-percent brain myth has been refuted countless times by
> actual science," said Captain Corrector. "In fact, we use almost all
> of our brain all the time."
>    "Well, yes, of course," said Kung-Fu Holmes. "I just didn't want
> Cyborg Boswell to feel bad on account of he is a complete and utter
> idiot, albeit one with an excellent taste in friends."
>    "Quite right, Holmes, quite right," said Cyborg Boswell.

XD XD XD Yes, I am going to enjoy this character too.

>    Kung-Fu Holmes turned to Cyborg Boswell. "I hope he's a
> net.villain."
>    "Really, Holmes? Why the deuce do you say that?"
>    "So I can punch him. In the face."

Heeheehee

>    Burst of light.
>    "Don't you start," said Kung-Fu Holmes. "Punching you in the face
> is definitely a thing!"
>    "You misunderstand, my fellow net.hero."
>    "Dammit."

*cackles madly*

>    "Very well. There is a thirty-four year old man somewhere in this
> city. He is seemingly of sound mind and body. A responsible and hard-
> working adult. Until one minute ago."
>    "What happened? Did he go crazy? Is he homicidal?"
>    "On his Facebook page, he has reposted that illegal immigrants
> living in America receive Pell Grants and pay no taxes, when a simple
> google search would reveal that only citizens and permanent residents,
> both of whom must pay taxes, receive Pell Grants!"

XD XD XD Well I can't be against *this* mission!

> WITH SUCH DIRE STAKES, OUR HEROES DARE NOT FAIL!
>
> DON'T MISS OUR NEXT EXCITING ISSUE!

Same Holmes time, same Holmes channel!

> As far as I can ascertain, all of the characters featured are General
> Use.

Woo!

> Captain Corrector created by myself. His general shtick, as
> illustrated above, is to appear, say "That's not a thing", explain
> what the thing is not, and then disappear with "It is better to be
> corrected than to be wrong". Very stark and serious sort of fellow who
> sees no middleground-- like a Mr. A of mythbusting.

Perfect. <3 Now to use him...

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, I wonder if...